Venner Shipley’s team of patent attorneys specialising in the antibody space takes pride in being at the forefront of developments and nuances in the law relating to antibody patentability and in applying this knowledge to obtaining and defending the broadest possible patent protection for our clients in this field.
We have also achieved significant success in opposing third party patents relating to antibodies and antibody-related inventions.
We also have experience in providing advice on patent landscaping, freedom to operate, and potential infringement in this field and we prepare due diligence reports, especially for use in connection with acquisitions and fund raising.
Our areas of expertise include:
- Antibodies and immunoglobulins
- Therapeutic antibodies and immunotherapies
- Modified antibodies and antibody fragments
- Antibody derivatives and antibody-like molecules
- Monoclonal antibodies
- Antibody-drug conjugates
- Methods of antibody production, mutagenesis, and engineering
- Further medical uses of antibodies and precision medicine
Click here to read, ‘An antidote to antibody patent confusion in Europe‘, where Anton Hutter and Matthew Handley provide a summary of the new EPO guidelines on antibody patents in Europe.