Tim is a consultant in the Chemical & Life Sciences Group. He has has substantial experience in dealing with all aspects of pharmaceutical and biotechnology patents. He specialises in British and European patent prosecution, and regularly represents clients at opposition and appeal hearings before the European Patent Office, where he has an enviable track record. Tim has also been involved in successful, high profile revocation and infringement actions in the UK courts and is a patent attorney litigator.
Tim specialises in cases involving complex technical subject matter and legal issues, especially those relating to medicinal and formulation chemistry, drug delivery, diagnostics and therapeutics, gene sequences, proteomics, chiral chemistry, cancer therapeutics, immuno-therapeutics and viral vectors & gene delivery. He is also experienced in the field of patent and know-how licensing and has advised many clients on the acquisition of companies and their IP portfolios. Tim has extensive experience in providing due diligence reports and freedom to operate opinions.
Tim graduated from University College London with an honours degree in Chemistry.
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys
- Member of the European Patent Institute
- Member of the Royal Society of Chemistry and a Chartered Chemist
- Member of the International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI)
Recognition and Awards
- Managing Intellectual Property, IP Stars - ranked in Patents, 2017 and 2018