Jonathan is a UK and European patent attorney in our Electronics and Engineering department.
Jonathan has a wide technical background, having studied both physical natural sciences and electronic engineering at Cambridge University. Jonathan specialises in satellite technology, telecommunications, image processing and consumer electronics. Jonathan also has experience in the fields of electromechanical engineering and additive manufacturing.
Jonathan has experience of managing and co-ordinating all aspects of a large patent portfolio in multiple jurisdictions. He regularly advises on pre-filing searches and portfolio and competitor activity reviews, and also assists SMEs with development of their IP strategies. Jonathan has also attended numerous hearings at the EPO in Munich and The Hague, successfully obtaining granted patents for these portfolios in Europe.
At Venner Shipley. Jonathan is responsible for managing the Firm’s training procedures and regularly hosts seminars on various aspects of patent practice for both trainees and clients.
Jonathan graduated from Cambridge University with a Master's degree in Electrical and Information Sciences, obtaining a distinction. During his degree he also studied physical natural sciences including physics, chemistry and geology, before specialising in the areas of semiconductors, optoelectronics and liquid crystals.
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys
- Member of the European Patent Institute
- Member of AIPPI (International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property)
- OHIM Representative (Designs)
- Legal 500 - Jonathan is recognised for his specialism in the prosecution of patent applications in the fields of satellite technology, telecommunications and image processing.