Jonathan is a UK and European patent attorney in our Electronics and Engineering department.
Jonathan has a wide technical background, having studied both physical natural sciences and electronic engineering at Cambridge University. Prior to his career as a patent attorney, he worked as a software engineer for a leading global radar technology company, gaining experience of a variety of programming languages including C and Visual C++.
Jonathan has experience of managing and co-ordinating all aspects of a large patent portfolio in multiple jurisdictions, and has also attended numerous hearings at the EPO in Munich and The Hague, successfully obtaining granted patents for these portfolios in Europe. He also has experience of assisting clients in the procurement of investment based on their intellectual property.
Jonathan graduated from Cambridge University with a Masters degree in Electrical and Information Sciences, obtaining a distinction. During his degree he also studied physical natural sciences including physics, chemistry and geology, before specialising in the areas of semiconductors, optoelectronics and liquid crystals.
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys
- Member of the European Patent Institute
- Member of AIPPI (International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property)
- OHIM Representative (Designs)
- Legal 500 - Jonathan is recognised for his specialism in the prosecution of patent applications in the fields of satellite technology, telecommunications and image processing.